In the event of a roadside breakdown or lock out your Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist team 1 will provide advice or roadside assistance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To access this service please call (toll free) 0800 80 6661.
Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist is dedicated to the support of Mitsubishi Motors drivers and provides the following comprehensive range of services at no charge.
Flat Battery - In the event that the vehicle can not be jump started, and a replacement battery is required this will be provided. Replacement batteries are provided at the owner's expense.
Lost/Locked Keys - Access provided to the vehicle where possible or transport will be provided to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors dealership/place of repair.
Flat Tyre - Spare wheel will be fitted free of charge and a referral given to the nearest reliable repairer or supplier
Out of Fuel - Delivery of 5 litres of petrol or diesel free of charge
Minor Mechanical or Electrical Breakdown - If the problem causing immobility is a minor mechanical or electrical breakdown the provider will attempt emergency mechanical or electrical repair at the roadside to rectify the problem and mobilise the vehicle.
If the vehicle can not be mobilised at the roadside, Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will arrange for the vehicle to be transported to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors dealer or place of storage. Any extra towing and storage over that is the responsibility of the owner.
Taxi - if the vehicle can not be mobilised due to mechanical defect and must be transported to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors dealer, Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will provide one taxi ride to the value of $50 incl. GST to enable the vehicle occupants to continue their journey. Any amount charged in excess of this limit would be the responsibility of the customer.
Rental vehicle2 - In the case where a Mitsubishi vehicles breaks down more than 100 kilometres from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will exceed 24 hours roadside assistance will arrange a rental vehicle for up to three days to a maximum of $300 including GST to allow the continuation of the journey while the vehicle is being repaired. This option can not be used in conjunction with the accommodation option.
Accommodation - As an alternative to the rental vehicle option, where a Mitsubishi vehicle breaks down more than 100 kilometres from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will exceed 24 hours, accommodation can be arranged up to 3 nights, to a maximum of $350.00 including GST, excluding meals and personal expenses, while the vehicle is being repaired. This option can not be used in conjunction with the rental vehicle.
Vehicle Repatriation - Where a Mitsubishi vehicle breaks down more than 100 kilometre from home due to a warrantable defect and the repair will exceed 24 hours the vehicle will be transported to the nearest Mitsubishi Motors dealer or approved repairer. At the completion of repairs Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will arrange the vehicle to be repatriated to the customers servicing dealer, home address or convenient location, whichever is closer.
Accident, Theft, Vandalism and Collision Co-ordination - Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will provide advice and assistance in the event of a motor vehicle accident. Towing and transportation services will be arranged in the event of the vehicle being immobilised or unsafe to drive. All costs relating to towing or transportation services as a consequence of an accident will be the responsibility of the owner/driver.
Windscreen Repair - The vehicle will be referred to the nearest approved windscreen repair service. The cost of windscreen repair is the responsibility of the owner/driver.
Message Relay - In the event of a mechanical breakdown or accident, Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will relay urgent messages to friends, family or business associates free of charge.
Travel delay - In the event of a mechanical breakdown or an accident that delays the driver, Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist can co-ordinate and rebook pre-planned travel arrangements or make alternative arrangements as directed free of charge.
Legal Advice - Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist can provide access to legal advice (verbal only) on all matters arising from traffic and motor vehicle legislation, and matters arising from the use and ownership of a motor vehicle, 24 hours/365 days a year. This is a free service to Mitsubishi Motors customers.
Emergency Personal Assistance - Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will provide advice on the cancellation of lost or stolen credit cards, cheques, passports and drivers licence. This is a free service for Mitsubishi Motors customers.
Medical Referral/Advice - Clients travelling away from their home base and in unfamiliar territory may, from time to time, find themselves in need of medical advice or treatment. The Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist medical team will give the appropriate advice and refer the caller to the nearest medical centre for treatment. Consultation and treatment fees are the responsibility of the owner.
Travel Directions - Should any owner become lost or require travel directions Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist can, free of charge, provide help and instructions on how to reach the planned destination and advise of delays in arrival by way of a message.
Technical Advice - Telephone technical advice can be provided by the Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist operator, free of charge in regard to vehicle operation, instrument warning indicators, or technical/mechanical information regarding the vehicle.
Who is Eligible for Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist?
The first owner of all new Mitsubishi Motors passenger vehicles currently within or covered by the 5 year/130,000km (whichever occurs first) manufacturers warranty period.
The first owner of all new Mitsubishi Motors light commercial vehicles currently within or covered by the 5 year/130,000km (whichever occurs first) manufacturers warranty period and not exceeding 3.0 tonnes in laden weight.
All Diamond Class vehicles within the first 2 years of purchase.
There is no limit to the number of call outs within this warranty period.
Callers will be required to supply their registration number to qualify for assistance. For security reasons Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist may not respond to call outs if these details are not made available prior to assistance being provided.
1. Vehicles used for hire or reward
2. Vehicles used in motor racing, rallies, speed or duration testing or any practice thereof
3. Vehicles modified from standard manufacturing specification
4. Vehicles not displaying current WOF and vehicle registration certificate
5. Vehicles left unattended
6. Claims arising from the loss or damage to the contents of the vehicle
7. Claims arising from damage caused through forceful entry in an attempt to recover locked keys where the owner/drive has been fully briefed on the situation by Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist staff or the provider in attendance and the owner/driver has subsequently agreed to indemnify Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist, against damage caused during entry.
8. Claims arising from a recurring electrical or mechanical limit resulting from improper maintenance or servicing where a known fault or repair has been neglected
9. Situations where the vehicle is disabled by floods, snow affected roads, or it is not accessible due to other adverse conditions
10. Vehicles bogged in off-road conditions and not easily accessible by normal 2WD recovery vehicles
11. Vehicles being located off public road conditions and not easily accessible by normal 2WD recovery vehicles
12. Vehicles exceeding 3.0 tonnes in laden weight
13. Events as a result of an accident or misuse of the vehicle. All associated costs are the responsibility of the driver
14. Costs relating to parts, labour and any associated costs of the repair of the Mitsubishi vehicle under the assistance program, including replacement batteries and/or tyres, shall be at the driver/owners expense.
15. If at the time of breakdown the vehicle was towing a caravan, boat or trailer this vehicle will be towed or transported to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer or place of safety. Towing or storage costs will be the responsibility of the owner.
16. Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist will endeavour to provide the services described to the best of their ability. Acts beyond the control of Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist (including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes, geographic inaccessibility, the absence and/or availability of suppliers)
1 Mitsubishi Motors Roadside Assist is provided through a qualified third party supplier. Such providers are independent representatives of Mitsubishi Motors company.
2 The client/driver renting the vehicle must hold a current (valid) drivers licence and meet the terms, conditions and requirements of the rental car company. Insurance, any traffic violations, damage to the vehicle, additional kilometre charges and petrol are the clients responsibility. Mitsubishi Motors is not responsible for any fault or failure with the rental car, this being the responsibility of the rental car company.
Copyright © 2014 Roger Gill Motors Limited. All rights reserved.